Thursday, October 22, 2009

Our Arrival

I always promised myself this blog but only when I finally got the time, this morning is ‘that’ opportune time to start. The weather is beginning to close in now & I'm not able to get outside today to potter and do a little DIY as I have been doing all throughout this fantastic Spanish summer.

The rain is horrendous today and has been overnight, last two days in fact it has been pouring. It really means it in this part of the world when it rains but the Spanish olive farmers having been praying for this for weeks, it swells the crop before harvest time due to start in November.


We arrived here – to live permanently - on the 9th of March 2009 and have not really had any adverse weather that had affected us until this week.

However when we first got here it was extremely cold and it took us an age to get the house warm with the heating full on all day and an open log fire most nights. The conditions changed really quickly though and it soon warmed up, so we’ve had about seven months of brilliant weather with the odd flash-flood but they went as quickly as they came and they were usually overnight, which was rather handy.

We’ve had the house for about six years and always intended to live here when the time was right. That moment arrived October 2008 when my wife’s mum sadly passed away at the ripe old age of 97. We had been living with and kind-of taking care of her for the previous 5 years and although her passing was very sad it meant that J and I could pick up the threads of our own lives again and here we are.

This is just my first go and tentative start to this blogging lark but now that the winter looks to be on it’s way I’m gonna try and keep this blog up to date – hasta luego

6 comments:

  1. great site, houses look good, think I might make an offer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok thanks - well our number is listed at the bottom along with some links to a few useful sites

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking to move to this area of Spain for a while now, should be sometime in the New Year God willing. Glad I found this site, very informative thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy we could help, need any further assistance don't hesitate to give us a ring

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hard work keeping a blog up to date as I well know. I wish you both all the very best in the blog and your adventures in Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. David thanks very much mate, sentiments very well received - JAB

    ReplyDelete